Pages

Friday 15 February 2013

‘My mother-in-law demands my finger nails!’



A middle-aged man, Luqman Agoro, has pleaded with the Agege Customary Court, Lagos, to dissolve his marriage to Saidat. He claimed that his wife was stubborn and denied him access to his child. He said she had been negatively influenced by her mother.

“She does not listen to me; she does anything her mother wants her to do. She does not mind if it’s bad or good and she keeps to herself,” he said.

He told the court that there was a time his mother-in-law asked his wife to bring his finger nails and his wife didn’t tell him until he was eventually confronted by his mother-in-law.

“She doesn’t listen to me; but she does anything her mother tells her with dispatch,” he said.

Agoro told the court that his wife left her matrimonial home because he asked her to stop attending the same church with her mother.

Responding, Sadiat, 27, a sales girl, denied some of the allegations.

“My husband threw me out of my matrimonial home for giving birth to a baby girl.

“He had warned me earlier that if I give birth to a baby girl I would not live under the same roof with him and that he would not be responsible for the child upbringing,” she said.

The court president, Emmanuel Shokunle, granted the custody of the child to the mother, asking the father to be responsible for the upkeep of the child.

He said both of them shall no longer be addressed as husband and wife.

punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us Your Views