Pages

Tuesday 20 August 2013

PHOTOS: Transgender Plastic Surgery addict left disabled and disfigured after more than 200 surgeries, speaks out about the dangers


A surgery addict who was left disabled and disfigured after almost 100 unregulated cosmetic procedures now wants to speak out about the dangers facing unsuspecting women desperate for a quick fix.

Monique Allen, who has had more than 200 hundred plastic surgeries, became obsessed with pumping liquid plastic into her body and estimates she has injected almost 12 litres during 75 backstreet ops.

Over the years Monique, 58, has had a staggering 23 nose jobs and nine breast augmentations - taking her to size 38FFF.




Addicted: Transgender plastic surgery addict Monique Allen is registered disabled and can't walk after destroying her body with an estimated 75 illegal backstreet operations







Silicon fan: The retired government worker estimates she has had up to 12 litres of dangerous silicon pumped into her body since she was in her early twenties



The retired government worker said: 'I went in at the deep end with cosmetic surgery and I've ruined the natural good looks I had - I wish I had never done it.


'I've probably had around 200 operations over the years, many of which I can't remember.


'More and more people are dying from illegal silicon injections - many of them young women. I want them to look at me and see the dangers.



'Now I struggle to walk and am registered disabled. I ignored the risks and now I have to live with the results.


'I have severe circulation problems caused by silicon migrating to different parts of my body. Some skin on my legs has died, which I have to cover over with make-up.'


And she admits that even though her surgery addiction has resulted in her extreme appearance, she still craves one more nose job.



Addicted to plastic surgery: Monique Allen tells her story





Just one more: She admits that even though her surgery addiction has resulted in her extreme appearance, she still craves one more nose job





Numerous operations: Over the years Monique, 58, has had a staggering 23 nose jobs and nine breast augmentations





Speaking out: After decades of reckless operations Monique wants to speak out about the dangers facing unsuspecting women desperate for a quick fix










Back in the day: Monique at 28 years old after her gender reassignment in 1982 in Los Angeles, California and (R) aged 37 in 1992




Transgender Monique had gender reassignment surgery aged 22 and soon after achieved the D-cup breasts she desired through surgery.


She next turned her sights on her nose, which has been an obsession over the years.


But after turning to silicon to enhance her curves, Monique became hooked and began seeking out treatment with unregulated doctors.


Twice-married Monique, who is now single, said: 'In my twenties and thirties as soon as I had a couple of hundred dollars I would head to Tijuana to have illegal silicon injections.


'The doctor would numb you then attach a funnel to whichever part of your body you wanted, then screw a vial of silicon on and pump it in.


'I was so reckless but I was obsessed with having more.





As she was: An old photograph of transgender plastic surgery addict Monique Allen at 19 years old as a man in 1974 in Los Angeles, California and at age 18 in 1973 (R)







Augmentation: Transgender Monique had gender reassignment surgery aged 22 and soon after achieved the D-cup breasts she desired through surgery





Splashing the cash: She says that when she had a couple of hundred dollars she would head to Tijuana to have illegal silicon injections


'Once I saw a dark cloud appear under the skin where the silicon was going in - but even that didn't phase me'.

Over the years Monique also had treatment from accredited celebrity doctors including Liberace's plastic surgeon's Dr Jack Startz.

And she was once operated on by infamous doctor John Reginald Brown aka Butcher Brown who was later jailed for manslaughter after one of his patients bled to death.


She said: 'I was completely addicted and unwilling to think of the risks. My family begged me to stop but all I cared about was having more.


'I've destroyed the good looks I had when I was younger. Even now I would like anther nose job but doctors turn me away, but I understand why.

'I've come to the realisation that I have a problem and I'm taking steps to address it.'



Self-destruction: 'My family begged me to stop but all I cared about was having more. I've destroyed the good looks I had when I was younger,' she says

Yet despite being ravaged by her addiction, Monique is celebrated on the LA party circuit where she performs her music as Glamorous Monique.

Monique, who holds the record for the longest serving transgender state employee in US history, said: 'I love to party and everyone knows who I am. I write and perform my own songs at clubs in Los Angeles and have a huge fan base.

'People know me as Glamorous Monique all over the world.'

Over the last few years Monique has spent more than £100,000 having silicon removed from her legs, bottom, cheeks and chin.

She said: 'Silicon was never meant to be put in the body in such large doses as is common now.

'I've heard of "pumping parties" where people go to have vast amounts of silicon injected into their bodies.

'I want young women to look at me before they think about getting unnecessary and dangerous cosmetic work done.

'A lot of this stems from low self-esteem, which is something I am now coming to terms with.'





Growing up: Monique as a 2 year old and aged 35 after her gender realignment in 1990 in Spain




Famous: Monique is celebrated on the LA party circuit where she performs her music as Glamorous Monique







#dailymail

2 comments:

  1. This is serious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonders shall never end! Nawao all for momentary pleasure now she's regretting it, just give your life to christ he will see u thru the addiction problem u have. It is well

    ReplyDelete

Tell Us Your Views