Pages

Saturday 10 August 2013

Switzerland apologizes to Oprah Winfrey after racist incident

0809-tmz-oprah-switzerland
Switzerland's national tourism board has issued an apology on behalf of the country saying, "We are very sorry for what happened to her." Asking for Oprah Winfrey's forgiveness after a racist shop assistant in Zurich refused to show her a handbag because it was "too expensive" for Oprah.

The board also begged for Oprah's forgiveness on Twitter ... saying the shop assistant "acted terribly wrong."

The incident occurred last month, when Oprah was in Zurich to attend Tina Turner's wedding and walked into the upscale Trois Pomme boutique where she noticed a $40,000 handbag. When Oprah asked to see it, the shop assistant refused... insisting it was out of O's price range. RACIST!!!!

Oprah described the exchange:

"One more time, I tried. I said, 'But I really do just want to see that one,' and the shopkeeper said, 'Oh, I don't want to hurt your feelings,' and I said, 'Okay, thank you so much. You're probably right, I can't afford it.' And I walked out of the store."


FYI, Oprah reportedly made $77 million dollars last year ...



#tmz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us Your Views