Pages

Wednesday 4 March 2015

Urgent appeal for cancer treatment funds

Nkiru Mirriam Monyei was diagnosed with breast cancer in December 2013. She is a mother of 3 children and is determined more than ever to kick out this dreadful illness. So far she has finished the first stage of chemotherapy and is currently on the second stage which is Herceptin at the LOC Clinic in London, and thereafter Radiotherapy. But apart from all the emotional and mental stress, the financial stress is becoming a hindrance for her to undergo these required series of treatment. She is therefore passionately appealing for funding...no amount is too small.

Read her story in her own words below :

I am not just a daughter, a sister, a wife, or a friend. I am more like that sister you never had and probably needed. Always willing to go above and beyond for others simply because that's who I am, and I happen to be pretty good at it.


Nkiru Mirriam Monyei


What happened?
It all started with a routine Mammogram and Biopsy in December 2013. When the results came back, I was told by the Doctors that I had Carcinoma on my right breast. Further tests also revealed that I have Diabetes. I then thought of my husband and my 3 little children who I live for and knew we had to crush this breast cancer. The Doctors told me that I would need surgery, series of chemotherapy, radiation therapy, complementary therapies, and adjuvant treatments.

Since the initial diagnosis and consultation in December 2013 and Surgery in April 2014, we have poured all our financial resources into kicking this ugly cancer to the curb. We have completely run out of funds needed for the full treatment plan and we are no where near completing any of the mandatory treatments required for me to get well.

Never did we imagine being faced with this kind of circumstance, let alone having to reach out to you for help. I would like to focus on my health and maintain a positive attitude rather than the mounting medical expenses.  We have set up this page with the hope that friends and family, both near and far, will be able to help relieve some of the financial strain.  These donations will be used to cover cost of care, daily survival and those unexpected expenses.

My family and I thank you for your prayers, positive vibes, financial support and kind words. Please help me create a positive outcome for me and my family. We're willing to accept anything and even $5 will help.  I will keep you posted on my progress! We love you!

Thank you so much for even taking the time out of your day to read this. Whatever you can donate will be greatly appreciated and used wisely.


CLICK BELOW LINK TO DONATE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us Your Views